– So I have been thinking a lot about success lately and what the hell it even means. Our parents wished for us ‘every success in life’. The outside world would have us all believe that it is a nice house, car, bank balance, that success is in what we do, what we have, what others think of us. But we have all been there, we have all achieved that goal, landed that job, partner, baby, only to find that nothing really changes that much, we don’t get to sit back and bask in the glory of success never to work again. The car looses it new car smell, the great job with the fantastic salary becomes mundane, the baby cries, the partner pisses us off –
– So what is it that we are all after? What does success look like to you? And how do we feel better in a life where things are unpredictable and ever changing? –
– Here are my rambling thoughts on all of this –
– Success is an inside out job. An INSIDE OUT job. It is best boiled down to what you need in a day to feel good. To perform well and to bring your best self to your family, work and relationships. If you are not at the top of your list, if your own self care does not come first, you can have all outward signs of success but you will be inwardly suffering –
– We survive in a world of constant change and unpredictability by letting go of the need to control everyone else and everything else. Yes let it go. Other people tend to not do what we want them to do, and when we rely on others complying with our ‘rules’ we set ourselves up for a lifetime of resentment and pain. Other people can do whatever the hell they like. What we can control is ourselves and our mindset. Who are you walking around with in your mind? What are the things you say to yourself, about yourself, your life, your circumstances? About other people? Wayne Dyer said it better than anyone, “If you change they way you look at things, the things you look at change.” –
– If you are interested in better managing your time, your mindset and your emotions, in getting on-top of that feeling of overwhelm, of being rushed and distracted. If you want to improve your quality of life, be more productive, improve your relationships and overall wellbeing – I truly believe coaching is for you. Coaching is not therapy. Coaching does not focus on your past, but on your future. Come coach with me? Or if you want to dip your toe in the water check out my upcoming workshops below –
Overwhelmed? Manage your Time, Sunday 6 August 2.00pm – 3.30pm @ The Nourish’d Kitchen Stepney.
Self Care & Optimal Wellbeing, Sunday 27 August 2017 10.00am – 11.30am @ Brick and Mortar Creative, Norwood
Business Design Masterclass, Friday 4 August 12.00pm – 3.00pm. Very limited number of tickets available.
Life Design Speaker Series: Optimal Wellbeing for Success, Tuesday 12 September 2017 @ St Andrews Medical Center, Adelaide. Check out our fantastic line up of speakers!