Thanks for your work, really getting so much out of this year.
I joined to better align my work and family life but the program has helped me beyond that. My productivity, health, relationships are improved and I am a better boss to my staff, many have even mentioned it to me!
This months material has me wanting to work on ‘coaching’ my team and getting them to (in your words) take massive action and create momentum and necessity to get things done ahead of time.
How can I give them greater ownership of this? The line between directing them and coaching them is a hard one to walk sometimes!
Thanks for your time.
How to get my team taking massive action too?
Comments are closed.
Ok this is a big area and without knowing what systems you have in place already I will list some of the things that I think make a difference. Also, feel free to send them this months workbooks!
– have you got a function accountability system for your team?
– do you have a process accountability system?
– do you have meeting system that cycles – eg weekly with executive, monthly with team for eg.
– do you have a process for each meeting that ensures at the end every is clear on what is to be done? by whom? by what date/time? and do you follow up to check in on this or have a system where the team checks in on themselves (eg. every day/week/month they check progress, rate their productivity and review schedule moving forward?
– does your team know what the business 10/5 year goal is?
– does your team know the business values? number 1 priority this year? can they articulate how what they do relates to these values and the goal for this year?
– can everyone share their progress – is there a system that ensures this is done?
– can everyone see how what they do impacts on the customer? is this tied into how you communicate?
I suggest you write down answers to these questions and from that will come areas where you can implement new practices that help with generating momentum and necessity.
Post back here with any specifics of your business so I can be more direct too if need be.